Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hi everyone!

This is so late and there are no pics but I had to share the labour of love that is the knitting of Picovoli with those who will actually appreciate it.

I bought some bamboo yarn to make the Lotus Blossom Tank from the cover of Interweave Knits only to find that I suck at and hate lace knitting and therefore the project was a disaster. I ripped it all out many times and decided it was the perfect time to start Picovoli.

I finished all the raglan increases only to find that I had way too many stitches. I ripped a few rows out and tried again. Still too many stitches. I slipped it over my head just to make sure it was too big and I looked like I was wearing a Elizabethan ruff or like I was one of those lizards with the fanned gills around thier head. I had been a moron and I had increased at the beginning of the round marker as well as at the raglan markers. So, I had to frog it back to the cast on.

Now I was starting to panic that by the time I finished it it would be fall and too cold to wear it. So I busted ass on the weekend and now I'm at the waist decrease section. I would have taken pictures but seeing as it just barely covers my chest I thought it would be more appropriate on a different kind of website, if you catch my drift.

I hope that I can finish it by my birthday (this Thursday) so I can wear it proudly then. Pictures to come very soon, I hope.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home