Saturday, July 08, 2006

A "BUSY" Tivoli / Bizoli!!


Is anyone else drawn to multi color yarn but actually like the look of solid color clothing best? That would be me. I purchased the coolest yarn back in the Spring - Classic Elite Fame - in a lovely varigated purple colorway. The yarn is a nubby silk / rayon blend that is oh-so-soft! Had trouble finding a project that I could get gauge until Tivoli. I started this top right before vacation and finished it on the way home. I love the fit and I'm "ok" with the color. I decided I'm making another one in a solid color!!! With the picot trim, if I can ever figure it out.

(Please ignore the fact that the top doesn't match my denim capris. I will wear the top with khakis.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Becka said...

It's lovely! I like the variegated color.
Tivoli looks good on you! Nice fit.
I hope to begin my 1st shortly.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Cie said...

You're absolutely right about variegated yarn being so appealing in the shop, then realising with sober reflection that plain colours would be better - i do that all the time. In fact, I did it for Tivoli - such fabulous Colinette yarn, so wrong for the pattern. That's why Tivoli is currently resting as a project until I find some Cathay on sale...

That said, I think your finished garment looks brill.

my knitting blog

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home