Sunday, June 18, 2006

Me too



Well, it was started on 6/5 or something like that. And casting on at midnight is really not a good idea. Not even with two cups of coffee in your stomach. I had to frog the )#*$)#*($ thing 4 times. It was almost as if it was not meant to be! But the 100 % silk from Artfibers (Hana) is LOVELY to knit with. Using sz 3 needles. Did the swatch and quite a bit of math to make sure I would do the right size. And also did the short rows so now the boobage FITS FITS FITS. (It's so lovely to be able to knit something that won't stretch tightly over the boobage but be dumpy everywhere else.) And I personally like the purple, however the hubby's comment was "wow, that's a Barney color!", "WHAT, you're saying I'M FAT LIKE BARNEY??" was the natural reply. Tried it on a gazillion times to make sure the increases and decreases were in the right areas as well. It's great to be able to make it top down and just fit it as you go along! Also got the Knitpicks shine in grass green, and may make it again! Will post picture when it's completely done. Right now, I'm at the picot sewing. It's a pain, but it looks so pretty! Also noticed that my gauge in the round is so way different from back n forth. I must knit differently when I purl..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great! How did you do short-row shaping in the round? I found the tutorial on knitty about how to do the wrap and turn stuff in the bust, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it in the round...any help/links would be awesome!

10:53 AM  
Blogger lill4my said...

I divided the sweater in half, and put markers in the middle under the sleeves. Then I just did the short rows on the front area. I just started knitting back and forth over the boobage creating the short rows. This is also when I noticed I knit much loser knitting back and forth (probably on the purl rounds) than I do knitting in the round, so be careful your stitches look the same for the short row shaping area.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home