Monday, March 20, 2006

Ready to try it on

I did a lot of knitting on my Picovoli this weekend, and now I'm at the point where I need to take it off the needles and try it on. I'm planning on doing that tonight. (crossing my fingers that it fits...)

Here's the progress:


I've noticed a line across the top in one row, just about where the armpits end, and I can't figure out what it's from. I've never done stockingnette stitch before, so I don't know if it's normal or what. I'm hoping it'll smooth out in the wash. It's not terrible, it's just mildly annoying to me and puzzling.

5 Comments:

Blogger LadyLungDoc said...

Did you rip back at all? It looks like those stitches are twisted, which can sometimes happen if you put the stitches back on the needle the wrong way. It's a symmetrical pattern, so just use that side as the back.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

No, I didn't rip back at all, so I don't think there's any way I could have twisted my stitches. The back looks similar, but when I try it on I don't notice it. Perhaps it's just a weird section in the plying of the yarn? I can't really tell, but if it disappears when I wear it, I guess it's no big deal.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

did you leave it sitting on the needles a day or two, with cotton i almsot always get a line if I put it down for a day or two and don't get to knitting again right away. I bet it washes out.

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...I bet blocking or washing will fix it.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hmm, that's interesting. I've never used cotton before, so that's probably it. I have noticed now that the garment is bigger that it gets creases where it's folded in my knitting bag (even after only 12 hours or so).

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home