Tuesday, March 21, 2006

2-voli

Hello.....long time, no post! Well, I finished my first Tivoli (for me) back in November and I wasn't overly pleased with the results. I knew I could have done better and so I got more Shine and made another Tivoli...I call it a 2-voli because I'm a nerd:P Here's how it looks:
My Tivoli #2, shot 2

I like this one a lot more than the blue one I made. I consider the blue one to be a really big swatch. I think I'll probably rip it out and re-knit it at some point. I finished this Tivoli in just over 2 weeks! Just a little note to you ladies making this sweater with Shine, when you knit a swatch, make sure you BLOCK IT! It really does stretch a lot so save yourself some time!! It helps when you know what the gauge should be;). If you want more info, check out my blog

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Yay! It looks lovely. (I like your poster in the background too!)

I second your statement about Shine stretching. I'm so glad I washed my Shine Worsted swatch, 'cause when I did it went from 4.75 sts/inch to 4.5. That's quite a bit bigger with all those stitches.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks amazing on you...very elegant. I love the color on you, too. That's interesting about the shine...my swatch didn't change at all after washing and blocking. I still have yet to block my Tivoli in Shine, but it's really small so I hope it does stretch! I've started a 2voli also (hehe) in Debbie Bliss Cathay...it's lookin' good.

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home