Monday, December 12, 2005

Momvoli

After a good six weeks at the bottom of my blocking pile, I finally got around to blocking Momvoli:


That's done in KnitPicks Shine in orchid. I also gave it a hem, since the rolled hem wasn't very flattering on my mom, and I started it before Picovoli was published, so I hadn't done the picots at the neck edge.

My mom lives 450 miles away, so I can't include a try-on pic, but I should be able to take one at xmas. Here's an old one from the half-way try-on point (mid-September):
http://web.mit.edu/ruadh/www/pics/Knitting/MomvoliPosed.jpg


I also gave my own Tivoli a crocheted neck edge, which stabilized it nicely (which it needed because I made it too big). I also haven't gotten around to taking pictures of that.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That color is gorgeous! It looks perfect. I almost did mine in that color. I bet she'll love it. Mine's been stalled due to finals and Christmas gift knitting, but I'm scheduled to head to Mexico for 10 days this weekend, so I'm betting I'll get some progress done there!

7:50 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Great job!! It looks really good.

12:45 PM  
Blogger |chee-uh| said...

What recources did you use or how did you modify the neck?
Chia

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home