Sunday, October 23, 2005

ATivoli (or Picovoli?) in Knitpicks Shine

Hello fellow Tivo-Pico-voli knitters! This is my first knitted garment, I'm so excited! I've made things like hats, bags, toys, and scarves before, but this is a first. Yay. I ordered 5 skeins of Knitpicks Shine in "Sky".
And I knit my little gauge swatch (this is new too, of course I never gauge for things like hats and bags!) I tossed it in the washing machine, and the cotton fibres did "bloom" a bit, but not too much. I'm impressed with this yarn. It's got a lovely feel and sheen, and it held up well through the washing, no pilling or stretching. My gauge was right on the dot, so I ordered my size 4 circ's in the 24" and 16", and I'll get going as soon as they arrive! (I knit the swatch on straights). I haven't decided yet whether I'll do the Tivoli or Picovoli version, right now I'm leaning towards the Picovoli.
I have a question: I've been reading about the need for negative ease with this pattern and the cotton, but the pattern Gumperina recommends for a size 34 already takes this into account, right? I don't need to knit the size 32, because that would actually come out to a size 30. It's a tad confusing, thanks for any help!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, she already took into account the negative ease so you don't have to adjust. If you see the "additional info" on grumperina's site you can see the measurements of the top vs. meas'ts of the wearer. Love the color you picked; that was my second choice:)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I made one size bigger (let's just leave it at that) and it ended up working out perfectly. I think you'll do fine with the size bigger than you would normally wear. Good luck! It's a really fun pattern!

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home