Sunday, September 25, 2005

When to stop knitting ...

So I'm just past the increases, to the point in the pattern where you "Knit even for 4 (4.5, 4.75, 5.25, 6.25, 7)" / 10 (11.5, 12, 13.5, 16, 18) cm, approx. 30 (34, 36, 39, 47, 52) rounds, or length required to nearly cover bust while stretching lightly." I tried to take a picture but failed. Anyway, how far should I keep knitting? I am just at the mid-breast area, so should I keep knitting until if I were wearing it alone it would be a crop top (just covering the bra) or less?

So far it's looking great! I wish my mirror were cleaner, I think that was what was foiling my attempt at a picture. I'm making it in Endless Summer Lara in Black.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

I'd keep knitting a little bit more. I started decreasing well the part where the bust curves back under. If you pulled it down, it would not quite cover the underwires on a bra. Without pulling, it's probably 1/2 to 1/3 of the way between the wires and the widest point of the bust (measuring upward from the wires, towards the shoulders).

Does that help?

1:45 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Thank you so much! I was going to keep knitting past the bra, but I'd rather not make it too long since I'm short-waisted. So I'll stop somewhere near the bottom of the bra area.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home