Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Got gauge.

Hi all! I just joined the knit-along the other day...yesterday? Not long ago, at any rate. I spent this morning working on getting gauge with the yarn I want to use. It's Cascade pima cotton (80% cotton 20% wool). I want to use two different colors. One is a solid lime green. The other is a lime green/lilac/cream combo. I'm thinking of doing the picot parts with the combo yarn and the main part of the body with the solid color. I'd add a few stripes near the bottom of the shirt after I past the bust.

For any of you that have finished this already, can you forsee any problems with me adding those stripes and doing the edgings in a different color? I've read through the pattern a couple of times and think it will work. But, I'm not a terribly experienced knitter. I've only done one other thing completely in the round (except for socks).

I've also never done a provisional cast-on before. I checked out some online tutorials and it looks pretty straight forward. But, I'm not going to do it until my husband comes home and he can watch the kids. I want this knitting to have my full attention.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Stripes should be no problem at all! Sounds nice.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

A lady in my knitting group made a Tivoli in irregular stripes, and it looked _fabulous_. I say go for it!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home