Monday, September 05, 2005

first progress shots!

I cast on my Tivoli (technically not Picovoli, as I'm not doing the picot edge) on Friday and knit quite a bit this weekend on the train to and from New York (I live in Philly).


I'm using KnitPicks Shine, and unlike someone on Knitty--who is using size 2s to hit gauge with the same yarn!--I'm on size 5s and I'm still not quite at gauge (should go up a needle size, but that would make the weave too open).

I just finished the waist decreases and am about to knit straight. I should try it on, I know. You can see more details as I go on my blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Hi there,
Thanks for sharing! It looks *wonderful*! I'm so impressed with how much progress you made in one weekend. I cast on on Saturday, and I have barely knit anything at all!
Looking forward to seeing more photos!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Woweee, you are zipping along. It looks great - fantastic progress over the weekend. Geez, this would take me a week...anyways, would love to see a "trying it on" photo.

Interesting about getting gauge with Shine. I thought it was a DK weight yarn.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home