Friday, September 09, 2005

all that's left is blocking!


Oh, and sewing in the ends. (I did a fine job of hiding them away for the photo, didn't I? Almost had you all fooled.)

But I finished the knitting! So there's half the battle. I had a brief hiccup earlier this week, when I finished the knitting but it fell too short. So I frogged out the increases, added an inch of length (to 3 inches), and then went on with the pattern. I think it's benefited greatly from this alteration, and when I look in the mirror, the shaping really does match the shape of my body now.

So it was a great exercise in really looking at how a fitted garment can best fit to my body. Thanks, Kathy! I'll post again once it's really finished, with some real shots of it in use (that is, taken by someone other than me).

2 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

YAY, you fixed it!!! And it looks wonderful!!! Nice job!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Lynette said...

Very, very nice. Wow, it looks great on you.

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home